Friday, September 02, 2005

And so it begins...

Why am I doing this? Who knows...

Do I think I have all the answers? Certainly not.

Do I think my opinion is that important, that it needs to be shared with others? Nope, again.

Am I tired of reading, hearing and seeing things that are blatantly wrong, things that make me want to scream, things that make me shake my head and wonder if I truly am from another planet, as I used to insist during the disco heyday? Ahhh, now we may be getting closer to the answer.

Do I really have the time to devote to a serious blog? Lord, no.

Am I smarter (or as smart) as a ton of people who already have blogs? I'd prefer not to answer that one.

Are my views being heard? Certainly, if you ask my family. The question should be more appropriately phrased as, Are my views being represented in the blogosphere? I can't think of a single view that is NOT being aired. How long before there are more blogs than people?

Then why? Why do this? Why start something you have precious little time for doing, something that will likely not be read by many, something that will duplicate a lot of effort?

Again, the answer must be, who knows? I have wrestled with doing this for some time. Yes, I have an ego, but I don't really consider this to be necessary for the world to keep revolving.

The bottom line is that I just need to ramble on now and then (as you can already see), and this happens to be the forum I chose to do so at this point in time.

So, if you are unlucky enough to have stumbled upon my musings, sit back and enjoy a journey wherever my mind and heart happens to take us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home