Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Here's To Dawn

I told you I was on vacation the last couple of days. My wife and I went to the retirement of our best friend. After serving over 20 years in the Coast Guard, Dawn has finally hung it up.

Dawn served with my wife for many years, enjoying some great times and sharing many memories. They both did over 20 years of service for the country, and I am most proud of them both.

Dawn's family was there, and we all had a great time while we were there. She has a wonderful husband and two fantastic children. Some might think her life is a bit of a storybook. I think it's the culmination of hard work and love.

So, here's to you, Dawn. This is your week. You deserve more than just one day. Enjoy the retirement, no matter what you choose to do in your next endeavor. I know it'll be a success. I only need look at your track record to know that.

And congrats to all veterans, retired or otherwise. Your service to your country is vastly important, so please know that it's appreciated.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home