Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Weighing in on the Quran burning

Let me get this in before it happens.

I am against burning the Quran.

I don't like fanatical Islamists. I don't like how a great many Islamists approve of terrorists and refuse to condemn them. I don't think Islam is a particularly peaceful religion, rather it is based on overcoming enemies by force - deadly if necessary.

That does not excuse the act of burning their holy book. It's wrong.

Just as I expect Muslims to step forward and condemn terrorists who kill innocent people by bombing, beheading, jihad, or whatever, then I must also step forward and condemn this non-violent act.

There are other ways to express opposition to terrorism than endangering the lives of American servicemembers.

There. I've gone on record, as have millions of Christians, in opposing Quran burning.

Now we await for any Muslims to step forward and condemn terrorism.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home