Tuesday, June 09, 2009

New Poll Question - How Have Skewed Polls With Answers Designed For Specific Results Affected You?

The Tampa Tribune online section, TBO.com, is running a poll that asks, “How have job cuts in the Tampa Bay area affected you?

The selectable answers are:
a) I was laid off
b) my kids can’t find work
c) my co-workers were let go
d) my spouse was laid off

The vast majority of the comments on the poll take notice of one small detail – there is no available selection for “none of the above” or “it hasn’t affected me at all.”

With unemployment at worst being around 10%, that leaves 90% of the readers who can’t answer the poll. How do they expect to get any valuable information from that?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home